Kennebec, Inc. Information about Privacy
The PII you provide on our website proofpreferred.com of our facebook page will be used only for its intended purpose.
Personally Identifiable Information
As a general rule, the Department does not collect PII about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting PII through our website is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving Kennebec, Inc. your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. Kennebec may also use your email address to send you further product offers from time to time. Opt-out links are provided in each email sent to you. However, not providing certain information may result in Kennebec’s inability to provide you with the service you desire.
If you choose to provide us with PII on a Kennebec website, through such methods as completing a web form or sending us an email, we will use that information to help us provide you the information or service you have requested or to respond to your message. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting our site.
Generally, the information requested by Kennebec will be used to respond to your inquiry or to provide you with the service you request. When this information is requested, the reasons for collecting it, a description of Kennebec’s intended use of the information, how to grant consent to use mandatorily provided information, and how to grant consent for other than statutorily mandated uses will be fully described in a separate customized “Privacy Notice.” This customized Privacy Notice will either appear on the web page collecting the information or be accessible through a hyperlink (link) prominently displayed immediately above or below the information request.
Many of our programs and websites allow you to send us an email. We will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry. We will only send you general information via email. You should be reminded that email may not necessarily be secure against interception. Therefore, we suggest that you do not send sensitive personal data to us via email. There is no reason for you to send us any bank information, credit card information, or Social Security Numbers at any time. All of our credit card transactions happen completely offline. If your intended email communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your bank account, charge card, or Social Security number, you should instead send it by U.S. mail. Another alternative may be submission of data through a secure web page, if available.
Categories of information Kennebec collects on its website are further described below.
Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
- The Internet domain from which you access our website (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our site;
- The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit;
- If you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
- If you filled out a contact form, your first name, last name, email address and / or phone number.
We may share the above information with our employees or representatives with a “need-to-know” in the performance of their official duties,needed to quickly process your request or transaction. This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only.
Third-Party Websites and Applications
Kennebec uses social media websites and other kinds of third-party websites. Social media websites are used to publicize information about current offers or other information regarding Kennebec products.
Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
Kennebec does not make use of any cookies.
The Department takes the security of all PII very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect at this site. Such measures include access controls designed to limit access to the information to the extent necessary to accomplish our mission. We also employ various security technologies to protect the information stored on our systems. We routinely test our security measures to ensure that they remain operational and effective.
We take the following steps to secure the information we collect:
- Employ internal access controls to ensure that only personnel who have access to your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties.
- Train appropriate personnel on our privacy and security policies and compliance requirements.
- Secure the areas where we retain paper copies of the information we collect online.
- Perform regular backups of the information we collect online to ensure against loss.
- Use technical controls to secure the information we collect online including, but not limited to:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Password protections
- Periodically test our security procedures to ensure personnel and technical compliance.
- Employ external access safeguards to identify and prevent unauthorized access by outsiders that attempt to “hack” into, or cause harm to, the information contained in our systems.
We hold our contractors and other third-party providers to the same high standards that we use to ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of personal information they may have access to in the course of their work completed on behalf of the Department.
Interaction With Children Online
Kennebec does not conduct any business with children online.
Office of Information Programs and Services
107 Ross Creek Lane
Venetia, PA 15367